Founded in 1967 as the Brookwood Figure Skating Club by Mrs. Louise Black (the Club’s first Professional coach), the Club became a member of the Canadian Figure Skating Association in 1968. Skaters were bused to the Pointe Claire Arena until the Pierrefonds Arena was built in 1970. On September 24, 1971 the Brookwood Figure Skating Club officially became the Pierrefonds Figure Skating Club.
Since its founding, the Club has grown significantly in numbers and in stature. While located at the Pierrefonds Arena, the Club enjoyed a membership of 300 – 400 skaters on a yearly basis. Thanks to medal-winning performances by our skaters on the Provincial, National and International scene over the years, the Club has gained significant recognition and prestige.
Over the years we have hosted the 1978 Provincial Championships, the 1984 Western Sub-Sectionals, the 2000 Quebec Summer Provincial Championships and North American Challenge Skate, and finally the 2001 Quebec Summer Provincial Championships.
Since moving to the Sportplexe 4 Glaces Pierrefonds in 1998, the Club’s membership has increased to over 500 members on an annual basis.
Over the years the following skaters have represented the Club, Quebec and Canada with medal-winning performances:
- Jamie-Lynn Kitching: 1979 Quebec Ladies Senior Champion
- Charlene Wong: 1985 Quebec Ladies Senior Champion, four times Canadian Silver Medalist and 1988 Olympic contender.
- Chris Nolan: 1986-88 Quebec Senior Men’s Champion
- Jennifer Pregnolato: 1994 Quebec Novice Ladies Champion and three times national medalist in Junior Pairs
- Marie Laurier: 1997 Canadian Junior Pairs Champion and 1998 Canadian Junior Ladies Champion.
- Kristy Sargeant and Kris Wirtz: 1998-99 Canadian Senior Pairs Champions
- David Pelletier: 2001 World Champion,2002 Olympic Gold Medalist
- Christina Gignac and Eric Saucke-Lacelle: 2005 Canadian Pre-Novice Dance Champions.
- Elladj Baldé: 2008 Canadian Champion Junior Men
- Andréanne Poulin et Marc-André Servant: 2012 Canadian Champions Junior Dance
- Charlotte Giraldeau: 2019 Quebec Pré-Novice Pairs Champion , Canadian Silver Medalist and Canada Games Silver medalist
Over the years, the Club has strived to keep pace with the popularity of figure skating in Canada by continually upgrading and refining our programs. Coupled with a team of dedicated volunteers who work together to build and maintain the Club and the enthusiasm, dedication and sportsmanship of a great group of skaters, the Pierrefonds Figure Skating Club has developed an excellent reputation across Quebec and throughout Canada.
In the spring of 2010, the Pierrefonds figure skating club became the Deux-Rives skating club to represent all our members coming from four ex-cities and two boroughs.